Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pay It Forward

I was at Southcenter's Starbucks today in line to order a Grande Pumpkin Spice Latte. A young teenager was in front of me asking how much a strawberry something cost - she was told $3.30 without tax; then she asked about something else - $3.00. I could see that she only had $3.00. I reached into my purse and gave her a dollar, saying that I knew she really wanted the strawberry thing - that I don't routinely do this, but someday she could repay the favor to someone else. She was very grateful.

When I ordered my drink, the 2 gals behind the counter, said "Oh, it's on Starbucks today. When we see random acts of kindness, it's on the house".

Wow, now isn't this a heartwarming story? I actually was a little embarrassed; yet I felt good.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Good for you! And good for Starbucks! I'm actually tearing up...

Unknown said...

tears are brimming over here in San Diego, too. What a great example you are, Pat...I love you!

Jeff G said...

Sweet! Now we know how to take advantage of Starbucks! Next time you go in, let's coordinate so Jenny can "randomly" pay for your drink! Then she can order a TON of stuff and get it for free!

I like the way you think Meme!

heather b said...

such a sweet story!! : )

Favorite Photos